Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crispy Chicken with mushroom gravy sauce

I have been an "absentee" mother for most of the past 5 years since I worked outside the country. Now the contract has ended, I am trying to fit in to my children's schedule and daily life. They've learned to be independent and be resourceful on their own so asking for my help is something they haven't done for a long time. I am just glad that my youngest child asked for my help on one of her projects- at least to keep me useful in the house....hehehe. Her project was to create a main dish, write up the ingredients, recipe and a reaction to the activity. I helped on the recipe and the actual cooking, while photography was taken cared of by my other elder daughter.
I suggested on the Crispy Chicken with Mushroom Gravy sauce dish- just because the ingredients are what were available in the house....this way, we saved on a trip to the grocery store. Well actually, I've not cooked a real meal in a long long time, so I was just half guessing the recipe- but surprisingly it turned out very delicious. My daughter loved it and she even made a comment in her reaction paper that she loved it and was glad to have worked with me on this project for a mother-daughter bonding time....awwww...that was really sweet. My daughter is in fifth grade, by the way.
There's really nothing extraordinary with the recipe but I just want to share to whoever wants to try.

Crispy Chicken with Mushroom Gravy Sauce

Ingredients

Chicken cut to portion size
All - purpose Flour
Egg
Cloves of Garlic
Mushroom gravy mix
Button Mushroom -sliced
Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Cooking Oil for deep frying




Procedure
1. Cut Chicken into portion sizes, wash and drain. Set aside.
2. Mince the garlic and put into the chicken. Put as much as desired.
3. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and dribble with light soy sauce. Allow the chicken to marinate while preparing for the rest of the ingredients.
4. In separate bowl beat the egg.
5. In another bowl or plate, place ample amount of flour for coating.
6. Prepare pan for frying. Put enough oil for deep fry. Heat under medium flame.
7. Once the oil is heated, drench each chicken cut in the egg, and roll on the flour and coat well. Then slowly drop into the oil. Cook each side until golden brown.
8. For the Mushroom sauce, dissolve the mix in water as per packet instruction. simmer and add the sliced mushrooms. Once thick, pour on the cooked chicken or use as a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment