Sunday, November 13, 2011

My first Fun Run.....Rain4Africa

 Fun Runs and marathons have become a fad, a lifestyle, a good means to promote a product or raise funds for a cause, whatever, the reason a lot of people had got into the program and are so obsessed with it.I got friends and relatives who've joined these runs  for more than 30 times in just one year as there are races almost every week. I, on the other hand had my first experience of the fun run, not as a participant though, but as a photographer, although one of my subjects (my daughter) is not fond of posing for photos- almost loathe the idea of her being photographed, but at least she would sometimes give-in to my request for a pose, but most of the time the shots are stolen with mostly her back or side, just like this.
avoiding the camera

...Yeah, tough job-even though I did not run, I still exerted some effort.

The fun run was for "Rain4Africa".  There was no singlet, no prices and no freebies was expected as what they announced in the website because almost everything of the 400 pesos the participants paid would really go to the cause. So it was a pleasant surprise for the runners when there were freebies after all from the sponsors when they reached the finish line.
warm up leader

The venue of the event was at Westgate, Alabang- in- between Festival Mall and ATC,- parking was conveniently near the starting line and stage.
There was a percussion band dressed in African inspired attire, playing some upbeat music that makes everyone in rhythm for running. It was so fitting for the event and cause. I was amused and amazed with the warm up which was led by someone from Runner circle- if I remember it right, her name was Michelle.

People were actively participating the warm up
Shamcey
Shamcey at the 3KM run starting line
Shamcey Supsup,  Miss Universe Philippines was also there to support the cause and run 3KM...or maybe actually just walked the entire 3KM stretch.


my husband- before the start of the run

Karla and Bong before the race

Karla at the finish line

making additional donation- thru the planner


my husband and daughter joined the 5K race
with the event director- Diaz
Overall, I enjoyed the event, even just as a
spectator. It was fun, relevant, informative and the energy was high. As for the cause, it is worth supporting, that's why my daughter also bought the planner where the money shall go to the fund for Africa.

collecting the freebies
the atmosphere was pulsating with their every beat
me upon arrival at the venue- still sleepy
with the loot after the run



waiting for my husband and daughter to reach the finish line

getting a good spot to shoot their arrival


Thank you for reading...until next....
Lots of love,
Veronica Arlyne

No comments:

Post a Comment